Friday, January 21, 2011

Estimated Monthly Gains

A few people have asked how I’ll reduce 90 mins (41%) off my marathon time over the nine month period. And in what way have I factored in time reduction, taking into consideration ‘diminishing return’s’.
I’ve put together the following estimates of how my times will improve each month, with the plan to regain my natural fitness by the end of February. It is necessary for me to make the most significant gains in the first three months, as it will be extremely difficult to take even a minute off my times once I hit a sub 3 hr marathon. Each month after a sub 3 will be extremely challenging, especially trying to avoid burnout or severe injury.


February - 24 minutes (3.36 marathon)
March - 18 minutes (3/18 marathon)
April - 12 minutes (3.06 marathon)
May - 10 minutes (2.56 marathon)
June - 9 minutes (2.47 marathon)
July - 7 minutes (2.40 marathon)
August - 5 minutes (2.35 marathon)
September - 3 minutes (2.32 marathon)
October - 2 minutes (2.30 marathon)

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think you will find that the months leading to sub-3 will be very challenging, too.

    Honestly, I don't think you have quite grasped the enormity of your goal.

    ReplyDelete