Thursday, January 27, 2011

Training Week 3 (Sunday 23rd January)

Monday 5½ mile jog
Tuesday 7½ mile jog and ½ hr weights
Wednesday 1½ hr weights and exercise
Thursday 7 mile jog
Friday rest
Saturday 1 hr cycling
Sunday 5½ mile jog and 1 hr weights

I was a little conscious of my Achilles tendon after the hill run on Thursday, so I did no long run at the weekend. It seems to have cleared up but will put off any hill runs for at least another week to let my muscles re-strengthen. At the same time I increased my collective mileage from 18 miles (week 2) up to 25.5 miles, which is a step in the right direction. In total I did about 8 hr’s training (albeit at a very relaxed pace); but by the end of March I’ll have increased this to about 14 hrs training (weekly), and will concentrate on improving the intensity, tempo and pace from there onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment