Monday, January 31, 2011

Training Week 4 (Sunday 30th January)

Monday 1½ hr exercise and weights
Tuesday 6 mile jog; ½ hr exercise
Wednesday 5 mile jog
Thursday 10 mile jog; 1 hr weights
Friday rest
Saturday 3½ mile jog; ½ hr cycle
Sunday 18 mile jog

I increased my mileage to 42½ miles, which is a great progression. My legs felt a lot stronger especially after Thursday’s run, with only a few slight pains. I included a few hills in Sunday’s long run and it was only in the last two miles that my legs began to really tire. Generally speaking it was a good training week and I’m very happy with my progress. Now that January is over and my legs are stretched I can begin my proper training program to reduce my marathon time. My aim is that by the end of February I’ll have regained last years naturally fitness and reduced my current marathon time to around 3.35. My goal will be to increase my mileage to around 50 miles a week for the next two months, while at the start of March I'll introduce speed-drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment