Saturday, February 19, 2011

Training Week 6 (Sunday 13th February)

Monday 10 mile trail run
Tuesday injured
Wednesday injured
Thursday injured
Friday 1 hr leg exercise
Saturday 1 hr leg exercise
Sunday 1 hr walk

The ankle injury I received at the end of Monday’s run has unsettled my training program a great deal. Between the restraint of been unable to put pressure on the ankle for any lengthy period, had led to a general lack of motivation to do any alternative training. Maybe it’s a good thing, and might encourage me to rest the ankle a bit more, for a more successful recovery. I had done a great deal of research on a variety of leg exercises, both in strengthening the ankle and in maintaining leg strength using a stretch band. It’s likely that in the first few weeks when I’m able to go back running, I will evenly mix the amount of time spent jogging, with an equal time spent on leg exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment