Sunday, February 27, 2011

Training Week 8 (Sunday 27th February)

Monday: 5 mile run; ½ hr weights
Tuesday: 3 mile run; ½ hr weights
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 1 hr cycle; 1 hr cross-trainer; 1 hr hill-climber; ½ hr swim; ½ hr weights
Friday: 6 mile run
Saturday: Rest
Sunday Rest

Although I didn’t get in as much training this week as I had hoped, at least I’m back on my feet running. The ankle has greatly improved, although there is still a slight pain running downhill. I had planned to do a 10 mile run on the Sunday, but the pain seems to be shifting on to my Achilles tendons, so to be on the safe side I decided to let my legs rest for another few days, to allow the torn ligaments to heel that little bit more. I have drawn up a new training schedule for the next three weeks, which include a 10 mile run during the coming week, and a 15 mile run at the weekend; followed by a 22 mile run the following Sunday. I’ll have to settle for that been my longest slow-run before the Ultra marathon, to insure my leg is given plenty of time to heal. I’ll still get in three 4 hr training sessions in the gym before the marathon, so I should be at least fit enough to run the event. I’m probably two months behind training at this stage, as I can’t do any speed training for quiet a while. I’ll still aim to do a sub 3 hr marathon sometime in June, and will focus on plenty of speed-work over the summer months then to train for the sub 2.30 in October. It will be an extra difficult challenge now, but one I eagerly look forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment